Friday, February 24, 2012

Final Thoughts

     I would like to take this final learning journal entry post to communicate my thanks and gratitude to Mr. Dennehy for making the Marketing Management course a unique and gratifying learning experience. The structure of the course suited my learning style almost perfectly. Throughout the discussion and lecture segment of class I would record topics discussed that I wanted to learn more about or expand upon and utilize this learning journal as the platform to do so. Prior to this course, I was not aware of the learning journal, but have since come to appreciate it as a meaningful academic and professional tool. In gathering research on how to construct my learning journal I also learned how popular this method of learning is with other graduate programs. I appreciated the time allotted for working on the simulation; however, it seemed that most of the participants in the class did not require the time as they anxiously had their decisions prepared in advance. I believe this is the case because all of the students in the class were fully engaged in the simulation and each had the desire to be successful. Perhaps not all classes are the same. The sequence of the simulation seemed appropriate with the content outline in the course module. The lecture content was expansive, but absorbable. The content was carefully correlated with the stage at which the class was in the simulation. In summary, the Marketing Management course provided tools and learning techniques that I will be able to utilize for the remainder of my academic and professional career.

No comments:

Post a Comment